Monday, July 23, 2012

Today is the day...



Yes, nerves come in bundles... 
especially when it comes to taking exams. 

Amazingly I have spent the last three, no maybe four, weeks studying for this 40 question exam and still don't feel any better about it. Yes, I have passed practice exams, but I still mess up on the same type of questions. I really thought that the TX real estate exam was hard, but
 the NC exam is just as hard. 

In this beautiful state I have to remember constructions terms and that a survey is not necessary to close, but at the same time there is also all of the rental information that was a separate entity in TX, that will be part of my job here. I am amazed at the differences just right there, but that doesn't mean I remember it all.

In the morning I like to listen to Our Daily Bread  on my phone. The very first verse given is 

 -John 16:33 - 
"In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world." 

Hmm, I know an exam isn't the type of tribulation that the verse is exactly speaking of, but honestly, it feels that way. Even as self-inflicted as it is (meaning that I am choosing to take this exam), I can't help but feel troubled, but can I be cheerful and trust that it is overcome? Of 'course I can, but I have to choose to do so 

Prayerfully, with that thought, I will keep my chin up and smile and remind myself that the worse that will happen is that I will fail and have to repeat the exam

 Yes, it will be very humbling, but at least then I know what to expect and will hopefully have a better understanding of what else I need to study and focus on.


No comments:

Post a Comment